This weekend is the last official Dressage show. The team's heading to Lake Erie College and I'm planning on kicking some serious butt. We still have a shot at Nationals, but we have to do extra well at this show because we're down a member. Our captain fell off a horse last week and broke her wrist. She'll be there cheering us on, but she won't be able to ride. My goal is to place in the top three. It will be more difficult than at our home show because I won't know any of the horses. But I'm going to do my absolute best so that now matter what happens in the end, I'll have no regrets.
My Great Lakes Literature class has continued to meet out in the nature center on Wednesdays. It's been a lot of fun, and now that I'm acquainted with the center. A couple weeks ago, I found myself wandering there. After surviving a semester without being thrown from a horse, I finally got bucked off. I wasn't physically injured, but against my rational mind-set, my pride was bruised, and I needed to be somewhere quiet where I could come to terms with being thrown. The nature center did its job, but also made me homesick for my river back home.
I can't believe it's almost Spring Break. Only two more weeks then I'm home for ten days. I can't wait to ride my pony! The weather has been gorgeous up here for the last couple days and I wish I could go trail riding. I did go running the other day and that was fabulous! Though it made me realize I've been doing a horrible job of drinking water. Yesterday, I had a nasty fever and headache all day. I finally stopped by the bookstore and bought a nalgene water bottle. I downed 32 oz during my last two hour class. Clearly, I needed water. Since then I'm being more careful and I'll be drinking a lot of water this weekend.
I am so excited for this weekend. I can't wait to spend two days (and a night) with the dressage girls! And now my focus is gone. Wish me luck for this weekend!
17 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck this weekend!
ReplyDelete