This first week of classes didn't exactly go as planned. It started off right enough. I got to campus early to train as a tour guide. That involved a lot of walking, leaving me very exhausted and sore at the end of the day, but with a weekend off and a great friend in town, I was more than ready to start this semester off right. It's my senior year, after all.
Monday went well enough. Tuesday I woke up a bit off and by the middle of my first tour of the year I was sniffling. Well, I thought nothing of it. I slipped Monday and ate soy, so I just figured the sniffling and sore throat was due to that. Should've known better. By the time my first class hit, I was blowing my nose every few moments and my head felt heavy enough to knock me off balance. By the time I got done with Tuesday's classes all I wanted was a nap. And I've basically been sleeping since then. I skipped classes Wednesday and Thursday and only left the apartment on Thursday to take (and somehow pass) the equestrian fitness test (well, and a meeting later, but I didn't say much). I was worried I wouldn't pass since I was coughing so much, but I pulled through... and haven't left the apartment again until today.
Today I woke up with sore abs from coughing. The coughing hasn't let up, but I can breathe now and I'm not sneezing constantly. Coughs tend to stick around with me. I don't imagine I'll get rid of it for another week. Guess this is one way to work your abs.
So, on a different note. I'm in an apartment this year. It's still on campus, but it's not a part of board. There's a kitchen, and I'm getting to be a pretty decent cook. By the end of the year, I might actually be a good cook. It would help if I had an oven that worked though. This apartment is what they call an efficiency. Basically, it's a glorified dorm room, but I only have to share the bathroom with my roommate (and any guests we have), and that's more than enough to drown the complaints about the size of the room. I am excited to be done after this year, though. I'm ready to get on with the rest of my life, whatever that means. When I know, I'll let you know.
27 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment