09 September 2011

That's Cap'n Norasaurus to you!

I completely meant to write a blog post last weekend, but I went home and left my computer here (I wasn't going to cart my desktop when I was only home for four days). So I'm writing now. A lot has happened. I had a real week of class (no more sickness), which concluded with tryouts for the different teams. I was worried, I'm not going to lie. I didn't mind the idea of not being on the team, but I did really want another chance to make it to Nationals and this is my last chance. Well, we had a decent number of girls trying out for the dressage team, and when I left tryouts I was telling myself, "well if I don't make it, I'll save money." Results were to be posted Friday, but I would be in a car driving back to Minnesota. Once again, I'd have to wait to find out.

Or one can have great friends who go and check the results early in the morning and call you. I got a phone call before I left Michigan. "Congratulations," begins friend. Oh my god! I made the team! "Yes, and you're captain." Yep, that's me. Once again riding introductory level and captain of the Dressage team, and we have an awesome team this year. I'm so excited!

What else has happened? That's the biggest thing. We started lessons this week, and I had a good ride today. I may be working at the barn this year. They are allowed to use work study students, and I would love the experience of working in a barn. I spent the majority of the day out at the barn today. I don't have classes on Fridays and as captain, I'm trying to watch each of my girls ride at least once a week. I hung out after my lesson on Wednesday and stuck around today, too. I think I'm going to talk to my coach about being somewhere where I can actually hear what she's saying during the lessons. For one, I want to be aware of what my girls are struggling with, but I also want to see how they sit to help me with my own riding. Some of them have the same problems as I do, so it would be helpful to hear how my coach helps them over come those issues. Today, though, I spent most of the lesson bringing horses inside. It's always an interesting experience. Some horses are crazy about coming in, others are nice and calm. I like seeing how they act, and I like talking to them, which I'm a little more self-conscious about when other people are around. It was fun, and I'm rambling. Okay. I'm done for now. Talk to you next weekend (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment