17 January 2012

This is it

This is it. My final semester of my senior year at Albion began today. I actually feel quite productive. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it's at 8 am. This forces me to get up at a reasonable hour, which in turn gives me the whole day to get things done. I already crossed off everything I had listed to get done this week. Crazy! What will I do with the rest of my week? Oh, right, homework.

Anyway, this is it. Five classes, four months, and commencement separate me from the next chapter of my life. For the longest time I was actually kind of dreading coming back to school. I have a job I love back home; I make money (which I will never again take for granted); and I have two summer classes I'm teaching. I just kept thinking, okay, let this semester go fast. But now that I'm here, I'm content. Sure, I miss having a steady paycheck, and I miss the rambunctious seven-year-old and his sarcastic brother, but I also have friends here. I had forgotten that, I guess. And part of me is a little sad that this is in fact it. After this semester I will never again be an undergraduate. I have to deal with loans and moving out, and, well, life. So what do I do? Simple. I enjoy every delightfully bitchy, wonderfully bastardly, occasionally quiet, and always crazy moment of it. After all, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment