| The Stockwell Memorial Library |
Since I arrived here, I've eaten my meals alone. I don't really mind. There's not a lot of conversation you can have when you're trying to eat, and I like watching people, but I figured that after I began to meet people, I'd have a dining hall group to eat with. Today, during dinner, that group showed up. I met a lot of girls at the BBQ last night, among them were three equestrian club vets: Alyssa, Greer, and Kate. Well, when I went into the dining hall for dinner tonight, Alyssa bounced over (she's rather bouncy, not in a spirited way, just in a get things done quicker way) and invited me to sit with her, Greer, and Kate. I gladly accepted. It was a fun change. I don't fit in just yet, but they were friendly to me, without being that overly, faux friendly that some people can be. Instead, they were comfortable enough with me there that they could just be themselves. It was cool. I'm especially looking forward to joining the horse team now.
There is an event planned tonight and when I heard of it, I was very excited. I love the movie, The Hangover, and the Union Board (the club that determines all the entertainment that happens during the school year) arranged to show the movie on a huge, blow-up screen out on the Quad. It sounded like such a cool idea, but it started at nine, and I woke up with morning feeling off. The offness hasn't gotten worse during the day, but it hasn't gone away either. I bought Ricolas from the store even because they and water are the only things that make my throat feel better. I'm crossing my fingers that this is just allergies (I do have minor Fall ones that don't really show up back in Minnesota, but it's conceivable that the air here is different enough to affect me). We'll just have to wait and see for sure. In the meantime, I'm treating it like a cold and heading to bed at a reasonable hour, making sure I get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water, and continue (ignoring the minor slip at dinner last night and lunch today) avoiding the soy, the dairy, and the sugar. It's a little tricky, but it got easier today after Alyssa showed me where they hide the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment