20 September 2010

I should be starting those papers, but...

Courtesy of Kate Sexton
It's Monday. The beginning of week four. I did not succeed in completing both Monday and Tuesday's homework this weekend, which I like to do because I don't want to stay up late Monday when I have an 8:00 a.m. riding lesson. No worries. I completed the rest of my philosophy and brit lit reading during my first break earlier today. So, I'm all set for tomorrow. No reason why I can't go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

Something I completely failed to mention Saturday is that I was in a parade! Members of the equestrian club marched in the Festival of the Forks parade. The Festival of the Forks refers to the fact that the Kalamazoo River forks in Albion. Beyond that, I don't know why they celebrate this fact, but it was a fun time. Last weekend (not this just past, but the weekend before), Greer, Alyssa, Kate, and I watched Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Naturally, that gave us clever girls (I think Greer gets most of the credit) the idea of getting coconuts and banging them together while marching in the parade, since we weren't bringing actual horses. It was fun. I'm glad we did it, though carving out coconuts is a tedious task. I think we were quite the hit, because we got our picture in the Jackson Citizen Patriot. I tried to find the picture online so I could post a link to the article here, but apparently it only exists in print. Sorry.

The other thing I didn't say is that I have a job. I'm going to be tutoring at the local elementary/middle/high school. I went to the first training session yesterday, and I'm supposed to start sometime this week. I'm both looking forward to it and feeling a little nervous. High School--real high school--is new to me. It will be good to have money again, though, especially with all the show clothes I still need.

Now I really need to get off the computer and do homework. I'll do my best to report on my very long Tuesday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment